At House Exchange we want you to make the most of our website
Please see the following advice on ways to find a successful match.
Create an advert which stands out.
You can add up to 5 photos to your advert!
- Take photos during the daytime so your property looks bright. By using as much natural light in your home it will make rooms feel more welcoming and natural
- Keep rooms clean and tidy where possible
- Make sure your photos are in focus and taken straight on. Avoid low angles or abstract shots
- Take a few photos and then choose the best ones for your advert
Remember - if you are concerned in any way about your home being identified then just take photos of the inside or the garden.
Update your property description after registration!
- Use our handy description generator or get creative and write one – make sure to highlight the best features of your home or any recent improvements. Maybe you have just decorated or had a new kitchen fitted?
- Provide information about the local area. What is near to your home? Transport links, locality of shops, schools, doctors’ surgeries etc. Do you live in a quiet area? Is the location ideal for families and are the neighbours friendly?
- Other features to consider - do you have a garden or a balcony? Does your building have a lift? Do you have double glazing and central heating? Does your landlord allow pets?
- Make sure that your weekly rent amount is noted correctly as tenants may have a budget in mind
Other points to consider when looking for a new home
Search like a pro!
- Start matching by checking your property matches and automatically link up with the homes that suit you best
- Be realistic about what you are looking for and ensure you read the other tenant’s requirements before messaging them. Consider what you need and the type of home you would qualify for rather than what you would like.
- If you can’t find a direct swap, the easy to use multi-swap tool can help you build a chain of properties
Be an active swapper!
- Always message back interested swappers! If you are not interested or have found other matches that suit you better, please remember to let them know and just say a polite “no thank you”.
- Remember to be flexible. If you find that you don’t have many matches this may be because you’ve restricted your search criteria or made the area too small. If you set up your preferred location within 0.5 miles, it will possibly only show you a few choices within a limited area so extend your search area.
- Use our House Exchange app to swap on the move!
If you need any help please get in touch by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your search!