At House Exchange we are always looking at ways to help you to enhance your advert.
Make sure you include as many details as possible along with recent photos to show features you are describing. This will increase your chances of finding a successful match.
You can add up to 5 photos to your advert!
If you need help adding these to your advert, please email copies to us and we can do this for you
- When taking your photos try to do this during the daytime when lighting is at its best so that the outside of your property looks bright; by using as much natural lighting inside your home, you will make the rooms feel more welcoming and natural.
- Make sure that your photos are in focus and that the rooms look clean and tidy where possible.
- Take photos straight on and don’t go for jointy angles, low angles or abstract shots.
- Take a few photos and then choose the best ones for your advert.
Remember - if you are concerned in any way about your home being identified then just take photos of the inside or the garden.
Make the most of your advert; add or update your property description after registration!
This is simple to do - use our ‘Description Generator’ or write your own so you can tailor this to your property.
- What is the best feature of your home? Are your rooms spacious; has the property been recently decorated or had a new kitchen or bathroom fitted?
- Provide information about the local area. What is near to your home? Transport links, locality of shops, schools, doctors’ surgeries etc. Do you live in a quiet area? Is the location ideal for families and are the neighbours friendly?
- Other features to consider - do you have a garden or a balcony? Does your building have a lift? Do you have double glazing and central heating? Does your landlord allow pets?
- Make sure that your weekly rent amount is noted correctly as tenants may have a budget in mind.
Other points to consider when looking for a new home.
Always message back interested swappers!
If you are not interested or have found other matches that suit you better, please remember to let them know and just say a polite “no thank you”.
- Be realistic about what you are looking for and ensure you read the other tenant’s requirements before messaging them. Consider what you need and the type of home you would qualify for rather than what you would like.
- Remember to be flexible - if you find that you don’t have many matches this may be because you’ve restricted your search criteria or made the area too small. If you set up your preferred location within 0.5 miles, it will possibly only show you a few choices within a limited area so extend your search area.
If you need any help please get in touch by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your search!