- Treat others as you expect to be treated.
- Communicate in a polite and courteous way.
- Reply to all messages as promptly as possible – even if you aren’t interested in a swap, let them know.
- Refrain from swearing or using offensive and discriminating language.
- Everybody deserves to feel safe online so treat each other with respect.
Harassment and Violations
- Harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Communications containing derogatory or inflammatory language and remarks about an individual or group will not be tolerated.
- All communications that take place on the House Exchange platform are monitored by administrators. Any violations will be flagged and may result in disciplinary action in the form of a report to your landlord and possible de-activation of your account.
- If you are a subject of any kind of harassing behaviour, please report immediately through the House Exchange website.
Personal safety online and during viewings
- Avoid sharing and further personal details unless in circumstances such as arranging a property viewing and ONLY when you feel safe to do so.
- When uploading photographs of your property, be sure to avoid showing your house number or neighbours properties in the shot. Also make sure that if there are any vehicles on the street outside your home that the registration is not visible.
- Please do not show adults or children in any of your property pictures.
- When adding internal images to your advert, please be sure that there are no personal items on display, such as family photographs.
- Don’t give out your password to anyone.
- As a result of your property search you may wish to arrange a viewing. If this is the case we suggest having a friend or family member present to ensure that you are not being visited at home or going to somebody else’s property alone. If this is not possible please let somebody know your plans in advance.
- For more information and advice on personal safety please visit the Suzy Lamplugh Trust website: https://www.suzylamplugh.org/